For further reading:
- National Center for Disaster Preparedness – Nuclear Threat Preparedness
- Ready.gov – Nuclear Explosion
- Resources developed by nuclear historian Alex Wellerstein: Nukemap | Visualizations | Blog on Nuclear Weapons History
- Incoming Missile Drill Held in Japan, NowThis News, January 22, 2018.
- This Is What You Should Do During a Nuclear Alert, Irwin Redlener, Time Magazine, January 19, 2018.
- After False Alarm in Hawaii, What to Do in the Event of a Missile Threat, Inside Edition, January 15, 2018.
- Hawaii’s missile scare “reminds us how precarious the nuclear age is”, Emily Stewart, Vox, January 14, 2018.
- Nearly all new U.S. weapons systems have ‘critical’ cybersecurity problems, auditors say, Aaron Gregg, The Washington Post, October 10, 2018.
- Tipsheets from GIJN’s Third Asian Investigative Journalism Conference held in Seoul, Korea from October 5-7, 2018:
- Verification and Digital Investigations Resources, Craig Silverman.
- Online Investigative Tools, Paul Myers.
- The New Age of Satellite Imagery, Anusuya Datta.
- Slide 16 – free sources of satellite data
- Satellite imagery as a reporting tool, Christine Chan.
- Stripping Secrecy from Nuclear Arms Development, Jeremy Hsu, Courier, Fall 2017.
- With technology, these researchers are figuring out North Korea’s nuclear secrets, Anna Fifield, The Washington Post, November 21, 2017.
- A new study provides some dispiriting evidence for why people fall for stupid fake images online, Laura Hazard Owen, Nieman Lab, October 5, 2018.
- The Future of War Will Be ‘Liked’, Peter W. Singer and Emerson Brooking, Foreign Policy, October 2, 2018.
- Nuclear Weapons in the New CyberAge: A Report of the Cyber-Nuclear Weapons Study Group, Page O
agents have established efficacy and safety based upon what is cialis effect on the myocardium (3). In general, sildenafil when.
. Stoutland and Samantha Pitts-Kiefer, NTI, September 2018.
- Trump ‘almost sent tweet that North Korea would have seen as warning of attack’, The Guardian, September 9, 2018.
- How Trump Could Trigger Armageddon With a Tweet, Jeffrey Lewis, Wired, September 5, 2018.
- Cyber Threats and Nuclear Weapons, Andrew Futter, Oxford Research Group, August 29, 2018.
- Dawn of a new Armageddon, Cynthia Lazaroff, Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, August 6, 2018.
- Special report: America’s greatest threat is a hurricane-force cyberattack, Dave Lawler and Jonathan Swan, Axios, August 4, 2018.
- A Structured Response to Misinformation: Defining and Annotating Credibility Indicators in News Articles, Amy Zhang, Aditya Ranganathan, Sarah Emlen Metz, Scott Appling, Connie Moon Sehat, Norman Gilmore, Nick B
. Adams, Emmanuel Vincent, Jennifer 8. Lee, Martin Robbins, Ed Bice, Sandro Hawke, David Karger, and An Xiao Mina, Credibility Coalition, April 2018.
- The Hawaii alert was an accident. The dread it inspired wasn’t., Alex Wellerstein, The Washington Post, January 16, 2018.
- What If Hawaii’s False Missile Alert Had Been Real? Here’s What Would Happen Next, W.J. Hennigan, Time Magazine, January 14, 2018.
- How might Artificial Intelligence Affect the Risk of Nuclear War?, Edward Geist, Andrew J
. Lohn, Rand Corporation, 2018.
- Searching the Earth: Essential Geolocation Tools for Verification, Eliot Higgins, Bellingcat, July 25, 2015.
- Cyberwar: How Russian Hackers and Trolls Helped Elect a President: What We Don’t, Can’t, and Do Know, Kathleen Hall Jamieson Oxford University Press (2018).
- Will disruptive technology cause nuclear war?, Matthew Kroenig, Bharath Gopalaswamy, Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, November 12, 2018
- Weapons: ICRC statement to the United Nations, 2012, General Debate on all disarmament and international security agenda items. United Nations, General Assembly, 67th session, First Committee, statement by the ICRC, New York, 16 October 2012
- Nuclear Weapons: Averting a global catastrophe, Appeal to States, global leaders and citizens by Mr Peter Maurer, President of the International Committee of the Red Cross, 23 April 2018
- Emergency Alert in Hawaii, Anthropocene, by Robert de Neufville, Director of Communications, Global Catastrophic Risk Institute, January 16, 2018
- A Model for the Probability of Nuclear War, by Robert de Neufville, Global Catastrophic Risk Institute Working Paper 18-1, March 8, 2018
- Wargaming Handbook, UK Ministry of Defence
- Protective Action Guide Public Communication Resources, United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Remarks to Turtle Bay Security Roundtable: Managing the Frontiers of Technology, United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres, 23 March 2018
- The Weaponization of Increasingly Autonomous Technologies:
Artificial Intelligence, United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR), Resources No. 8, 2018
- On the Digital Frontlines: The Future of Weapons Requires Cyber Vigilance, Courier, Winter 2018 issue, The Stanley Foundation
- Nuclear Notebook, Hans M. Kristensen and Robert S. Norris, Federation of American Scientists
- Resources for: Covering Nuclear Issues, A Workshop for Journalists, Nieman Foundation
- Snooping on North Korea from Monterey, Webinar with Jeffrey Lewis, Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS) at the Middlebury Institute, April 13, 2018